Monday, July 16, 2012

Ribbon Wall-hang

I was going through my iPhoto library and came upon the picture of a craft I had done a year or so ago.  This is great way to hang lots of pictures, kids colorings, homework assignments, etc on display without taking up tons of wall space. I ended up putting my niece's artwork and artwork from other kids I babysat.


For this project, I used ribbon from gifts I had gotten here or there... mostly from my wedding. I cut them all about the same length and lined them up how I liked it. Then I took a wooden dowel (available at any craft store) and spray painted it black. I used glue dots to get the ribbon on there, but the ribbons came off after a few months, so I recommend hot glue. Be careful not to burn yourself, because the ribbon can be very thin. I found little painted wooden clothespins at Roberts (now closed in my area.) These were very cheap, and a few have fallen apart. Not recommended if your kid will be doing most of the pinning. I've seen colored plastic ones that seem to work better, and I think you can get them from Wal-mart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honey-Can-Do-Plastic-Clothespins/17434844?findingMethod=rr

No comments:

Post a Comment