Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Christmas Stories

Originally posted 12/7/11


When I was growing up, my mom had a binder of Christmas stories. We read one every day throughout the month of December... it was a countdown to Christmas. Since moving to Utah, she's lost that book in storage somewhere...

I wanted to copy it, but instead, I have made my own book... which I think worked out even better. I googled 'christmas stories' and also looked for christmas stories on lds.org. I now have a binder of much more than 24 stories divided into sections: children, teens, missionaries, adult, and activities/crafts. A lot of them are poems, too, which I'm a fan. It's easily something I could add to every year, as I find inspirational Christmas stories from the December church magazines (Ensign, The New Era, The Friend) and other places.

I hope you all find/renew your Christmas traditions this year, and remember the TRUE spirit of Christ[mas], which doesn't include the need to buy... have a real Christmas and leave the Commercialized Christmas behind.

Much Love & MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment