Thursday, September 17, 2015

BBQ Cover

My husband got a BBQ grill a while ago, hand me down... and the plastic-canvas cover for it was shredded. So he asked me to sew one, and I finally did. I spent about 10 hours on it between yesterday and today. I quilted two layers of fabric together, so it could be put on inside out or outside up (and to make it heavier and more durable). I also did a tie string on the bottom. I used old fabrics that use to be table cloths - I think its denim fabric. Pictures are below!

I'm so super proud of it, partly because it's such an unusual and useful thing to sew, and partly because it only took me two days! That's amazing with two little kiddos to take care of.

Best part is, I didn't spend ANY MONEY to make this!!! And I USED UP lots of ends of spools and bobbins! Like 4 spools and 4 bobbins, plus one, nearly full spool of navy blue. And the plastic piece that's on the string to cinch it off, I took off of the old shredded cover. WoOt!


No comments:

Post a Comment